Independent studies are a good way for students to broaden their horizons on certain topics of their own interests. I strongly encourage my students to take advantage of an independent study. Independent studies can be done at anytime through the school year. Some basic information about how they are done properly:
- Choose a topic, one you’re really interested in.
- Form some questions-( what would you like to know/find out about your topic?)
- Collect your resourses and write them down. You should try and gather information from at least 4 different types of resources. (ie: internet, library, interview, dvd’s, etc..)
- Choose how you will present your project to the class. (ie: posterboard, essay, powerpoint slide show, etc…)
- Prepare your speech and practice it so you will sound good on the day of your presentation.
- Every Independent Study must be approved by the teacher and given a due date.
You can get a copy of an idenpendent study contract from me..